Thursday 5 September 2024

2023, April. Loose Front Strut insert

 10th April  Loose Strut Insert

Checking the FHC over after the Taith Cymru and the Daffodil Run I noticed a "clonk" from the left front strut. Looking closer it seemed to be inside the strut so it had to come off the car for investigation.  

Using "special tool" to help release bottom ball joint

 I was worried it could be the insert had failed but it turned out it was just the big nut that holds the cartridge in the casing had worked loose. See video.   I should have had more faith in KYB!


I know that big retaining nut had been done up tight because I did it myself so I think that there must have been something inside the casing that stopped the insert seating correctly. I took the insert out and made a thorough job of cleaning out the casing before putting it all back together again.  I double-checked the crimped locking points on the casing before it went back on the car and its been fine ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment