Thursday 7 November 2019

2019 August. Part 2. Finishing Sprint engine installation.

With the new engine in and running there was still a long list of small jobs to get done before the car was ready to be used.  One of these to get the rev counter working again. Having moved the coil from its old location in the tunnel to its new place on the inner wing I had already provided a new 12 volt ignition feed to the coil and Lumenition. Now I needed the provide a rev counter feed from the coil and rather than just connect with the old wiring I decided to run a completely new wire direct to the instrument cluster.  I located the correct wire in the multi plug, cut it off and then joined my new feed into it.
New rev counter feed to instruments multi-plug in loom
Coil as later cars in new position on inner wing
Next job was connecting up the electric fan. The Revotec fan controller comes with a pre-wired relay that just needs connecting to a power supply. The alternator I was using is a new  Lucas A127 which has a 70 amp output and plugs directly in to the standard loom but also has additional external screw-on terminals so I could pick up a feed directly to the fan. I also used the same alternator output to provide power to the driving lights relay.  The Hella Comet 550 driving lights had actually been fitted on the car since earlier in the year but I had never got round to actually wiring them up.!

Hella Comet 550 driving lights, almost period style but modern perfomance.

Lucas A127 alternator outputs direct to driving lights fan controller  





No comments:

Post a Comment